Sunday, April 17, 2016

Puffle Party 2016 Review

Hello penguins! Today I am reviewing the Puffle Party 2016! (I won't be reviewing Operation: Tri-umph, in case you were wondering.) This was a fairly good party. I would rate it higher than the last two Puffle Parties. Out of the 3 modern Puffle Parties, this is my favorite; and I'm going to tell you why. But before that, you can watch my walkthrough video below.

The room decorations are some of the best out of the modern puffle parties. The Town Center also has a new adoption booth to adopt some of the party-exclusive puffles; but at the Plaza, the adoption booth has no shadow, and that makes it look lazy.

The Adoption Booth in the Plaza
I can add a shadow to this in 5 minutes, if I was editing the .SWF file and not the .png file. And even if I was editing the .png, it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes and would still look all right. I know you can do better.

Another thing that I and many others noticed is that the television screen in the Dance Club is missing for this party.
Otherwise, the decorations are fine. It's almost exactly the same as 2014.

The music is nothing new. The party music for the Coffee Shop has been used more times than I can count, but it doesn't annoy me as much as it should. The Beach surprisingly uses the music from the Puffle Play Zone during the 2012 Puffle Party, which was really relaxing and fits well.

But one choice that I disagree with is the Dock. The Dock uses the Beach music from the Muppets World Tour in 2014, which was France. That probably wasn't the best idea. A better idea would be the main theme for the Puffle Party 2009. It's bouncy and energetic, but fits well with the Dock because of the zoo decorations and the music being based on an actual Puffle Party.

I'm not sure what the developers were thinking with the Clothes Shop music. Clothes Shop Puffle Party 2015 (ID #885, and yes, that's it's real name) sounds like it belongs in a different party, like the Fashion Show; not in a Puffle Party.

For this party, the items are pretty great. This party had a total of 60 free items, which is more than any other party in history, to my knowledge. Each puffle color had a hat, hoodie, shoes, balloon, and pin. With the exception of the Purple Puffle being represented by the Ghost Puffle, all hoodies are very similar to the color of the original puffle, and the pins all have the O'berry enjoyed by the puffle of the same color. It wasn't a good move to have all of the items members-only, though. At least the balloons should also be available for free players.
To be fair, the Blue O-Berry Pin looks good on almost all background until Rockhopper's Jacket Giveaway from 2013.
There was a multitude of things to do at this party. There was obviously the scavenger hunt, which was relatively difficult; the puffle you were chosen to find was hidden behind objects and there were many puffles that were present, but you weren't looking for. The Pink Stegosaurus took a while to find as well. One part that really annoyed me was where the designers decided to use the Nightclub and Pizza Parlor for the hunt, but otherwise leave it undecorated. It wouldn't hurt to spend 5 minutes cropping in a .SWF puffle poster.
The developers also managed to remove the panel underneath the target for the Puffle Feeder, somehow, as well.
There was also a lot of things to do for roleplay. Let's look at the Lighthouse for example. You could pretend to be an office secretary, a pet (even better with transformations), a surgeon, etc. You could wait with your pet while the few hospital beds are taken. You could test animals for certain diseases and stuff. You could be the diseased animal. You could be lying in a cage because the vet had you stay overnight. You could take a bath or get an x-ray. There's so many fun things to do in just one location out of 12. Wait, only 12?
Why is there a spoon in an operating room?
In terms of story, there isn't one, as far as I saw, other than the puffles missing and you need to find them, but that's okay; I don't need every party to be Operation: Blackout.

Overall, I give this party a 7/10. To recap, I give the 2011 an 8/10, 2012 and 2013 get a 9/10, 2014 gets a 6/10, and 2015 gets a 5/10. Goodbye!

Thanks to the Club Penguin Wiki for information and music names and IDs and me for the screenshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment